Spring asparagus and rocket salad with goat's cheese and pomegranate
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Eleanor Ozich
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Ghee, butter or olive oil|
|3 handfuls||Rocket, fresh|
|125 g||Goat's cheese, Half a block, broken into pieces|
|1||Pomegranate, seeds only|
|1 to drizzle||Extra virgin olive oil|
|½||Lemon, juice only|
|1 to taste||Sea salt and cracked black pepper|
- Trim the rough, woody ends of the asparagus, and then slice the spears at an angle.
- Heat the ghee, butter or olive oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Add the asparagus, and grill for 2-3 minutes, while tossing, until slightly charred.
- Leave to cool slightly, and then add to a large salad bowl along with the rocket and goat's cheese.
- Add a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, the lemon juice, and a generous pinch of sea salt and pepper, toss until coated in the dressing.
- To serve, sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds.