New baby potato and salmon salad
( SERVES 4 )
Adding the salmon flakes and boiled eggs turns it into a hearty summer meal or great pot luck salad.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|500 g||New potatoes|
|200 g||Salmon - hot smoked fillets, flaked|
|4||Eggs, boiled, peeled and quartered|
|50 g||Baby spinach, leaves, about a cup|
|1||Garlic cloves, chopped|
|1 tsp||Lemon, zest|
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|2 tbsp||Water, warm|
|1 to taste||Cracked black pepper|
- Cook potatoes in salted water until just tender when pierced with a knife.
- Drain and cool enough to handle, cut in half or quarters.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, flaked salmon and quartered eggs.
- For dressing, combine mint, spinach leaves, garlic and lemon zest in a food processor (or use a jug and a stick blender).
- Process until fine; add oil and enough warm water to make a thin, pourable dressing. Season to taste.
- Toss the salad with some or all of the dressing and arrange on a serving platter.
- Garnish with snipped chives and cracked pepper.
Tip: If you have excess dressing, keep in the fridge and use for pasta or as a marinade for chicken or over grilled fish.