Cashew nut, citrus and herb pate
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|150 g||Cashew nuts, raw|
|1||Grapefruit, Juice (or 2 oranges)|
|1 handful||Coriander, Large, chopped (or coriander)|
|¼ cup||Olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt and pepper|
- Soak raw cashew nuts in the grapefruit juice (or 2 oranges) for 2-3 hours.
- Drain the cashew nuts, reserving the juice.
- Place nuts in a food processor with garlic, parsley and the lemon zest.
- Blitz together with ¼ cup of olive oil and enough of the citrus juice to form a smooth, creamy paste.
- Season to taste and serve with vegetable crudites or pita or bagel chips.
Tip: The longer you soak the nuts up front, the creamier the end result will be. To add a little zing to the mix, try adding other fresh herbs, capers and a few green olives.