Baked cheese tart with honey and citrus
( SERVES 8 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 sheets||Sweet short pastry|
|250 g||Cream cheese, softened|
|¼ cup||Liquid honey|
|1 tbsp||Orange, zest|
|½ tsp||Nutmeg, freshly grated|
|2||Oranges, peeled and thinly sliced|
|2 sprigs||Fresh thyme, or 3|
- Preheat oven to 190 degC.
- Line a rectangular loose bottom tart tin or 21cm round fluted tin with the pastry sheets and trim to fit neatly. Chill until required.
- In a food processor, combine eggs, cream cheese, mascarpone, honey, orange zest and nutmeg, and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into the chilled pastry base.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes until pastry starts to colour, then reduce heat to 160 degC and cook a further 15-20 minutes until the pastry is cooked and the filling just set.
- Cool before slicing.
- Simmer orange slices in spices, thyme, honey and water for 8-10 minutes until syrupy and fragrant.
- Spoon over the tart before serving.
Tip: You could also serve piled with berries in the summer season.