Chicken & Roasted Pumpkin Lasagne
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|800 g||Pumpkin, seeded, peeled and cut in 2cm cubes|
|1||Red onion, large, sliced thinly in wedges|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|1 tbsp||Olive oil|
|200 g||Pasta, gluten-free dried, squares|
|500 g||Chicken mince|
|1||Carrot, large, grated|
|1 tbsp||Oregano leaf, dried|
|600 g||Tomato passata, bottled, sauce|
|250 g||Ricotta cheese|
- Set the oven to 180 degC.
- Place pumpkin and onion in a roasting pan.
- Season then toss together with olive oil. Roast for about 15 minutes or until golden and cooked.
- Cool a little. Mash lightly with a fork.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet instructions.
- Place cooked pasta in a bowl of cold water while pumpkin is cooking.
- Add minced chicken, courgette, carrot, oregano, salt and pepper to pumpkin mixture. Stir well.
- Spoon a little passata over the base of a 27cm x 21cm baking dish.
- Top with a layer of pasta squares.
- Spoon half the chicken mixture over the top, spread with more passata then top with another layer of pasta.
- Repeat this layer. Pour remaining passata over top and dot with ricotta.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until cooked and bubbling.
- Can be topped with black pepper and fresh herbs.