Wedding cake: Layered berry cheesecake
( SERVES 10 )
This pretty layered cheesecake could be considered dessert, but doubles up for afternoon tea or a celebration wedding lunch.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|250 g||Malt biscuits|
|1 tbsp||Gelatine, mixed with 2 tbsp water|
|250 g||Frozen berries|
|1 cup||Strawberries, sliced, plus extra for garnish|
|250 g||Cream cheese, softened|
|1 can||Condensed milk|
|300 g||Thickened cream|
|1 tsp||Vanilla paste|
|2 tsp||Gelatine, plus 2 tbsp water|
|1 to drizzle||Honey|
- Crush biscuits to fine crumbs in the food processor; add melted butter and cinnamon and process until well combined. Press into the base of a lined 21cm spring-form cake tin. Smooth with the base of a glass. Chill until required.
- Sprinkle the first measure of gelatine over the water and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Simmer the frozen berries, fresh strawberries, water and sugar for 3-4 minutes then remove from heat and stir in the gelatine, mixing until dissolved.
- Sprinkle the second measure of gelatine over the water and let rest for 5 minutes, then heat gently until dissolved. Beat the cream cheese and condensed milk until creamy. Then beat in thickened cream, vanilla paste and dissolved gelatine.
- Pour half of the cheesecake mixture over the chilled base and chill for 40 minutes, then set a spoon over half the berry mixture, chill for 40 minutes then, if set, gently spoon over the remaining cream cheese mixture, chill for 40 minutes, then when set, spoon over half the berries. Chill overnight or for at least 4 hours. Serve in slices with extra fresh berries, and a drizzle of honey.