( SERVES 1 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|250 g||Caster sugar|
|8||Strawberries, (plus extra to garnish)|
- Using an electric beater, beat the yolks and vanilla until very pale and thick.
- Heat the milk and sugar in a saucepan, bring to a simmer and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Simmer for 3 minutes.
- Pour on to the yolks and continue beating until the mixture is completely cold.
- Whip the cream and fold in thoroughly. Fold through the strawberries and pour into a container suitable for freezing.
- Freeze for 2 hours then scoop into the bowl of a food processor, pulse a couple of times, pour back into the container and freeze until hard.