Ricotta fritters with cinnamon sugar
These fritters are a delicious treat to tempt your guests with. Light and crisp, they deliver a burst of sweet cinnamon flavour.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|400 g||Ricotta cheese|
|½ cup||Caster sugar|
|2 tbsp||Marsala, (or brandy)|
|1||Lemon, (1 tsp finely grated zest)|
|1 to fry||Extra virgin olive oil|
|½ cup||Icing sugar|
- Preheat oven to 140°C. Mix the ricotta with the sugar, eggs(lightly beaten), marsala and zest.
- Stir in the flour. In a heavy based saucepan, pour in enough oil to reach 5cm.
- Line a plate with kitchen paper and put in the oven. Heat the oil to 180°C - check by using a thermometer or dropping a cube of bread into the oil; if it becomes crisp after 1 minute without turning brown, perfect.
- Drop spoonfuls of the mixture into the oil, being careful not to overcrowd. Turn over with a spoon when necessary. When puffed and golden, transfer to the plate in the oven.
- Mix the icing sugar with the cinnamon. Sprinkle the warm fritters with the sugar before eating.