Ginger, pistachio & white chocolate cookies
( SERVES 24 )
With a gorgeous macaroon-like texture, these light and chewy biscuits are also loaded with flavour and fibre!
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½ tsp||Baking powder|
|1½ cups||Rolled oats, large oats|
|½ cup||Coconut, chips/flakes|
|¼ cup||Crystalised ginger, chopped|
|70 g||Pistachio nuts, chopped|
|100 g||White chocolate, melts, melted|
- Preheat the oven to 175o degC. Line two oven trays with baking paper.
- Cream butter and sugar together for 3-4 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Beat in an egg well, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Fold in combined sifted flour and baking powder, oats, coconut and ginger.
- Shape into walnut-sized balls approx 30g, and roll gently in crushed pistachios to give a light, even coating, and flatten shape.
- Arrange on trays and bake for 18-20 minutes until pale golden.
- Cool completely, then drizzle with melted white chocolate.