Mediterranean couscous cakes
( SERVES 6 )
Delicious little savouries which are great for weeknights – or as a vegetarian alternative at BBQs.
Nutritional information per serve
1100 kj (263 calories). Protein 13g. Total Fat 13g. Saturated Fat 4g. Carbohydrate 23g. Total Sugars 0.9g. Sodium 560mg. Potassium 230mg. Calcium 88mg. Iron 2.4mg. Fibre 2.6g.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1||Vegetable stock cube, 10g, crumbled|
|1¼ cups||Water, boiling|
|100 g||Feta cheese, reduced fat, crumbled|
|¼ cup||Pine nuts, toasted|
|¼ cup||Kalamata olives, chopped, pitted|
|2 tbsp||Fresh coriander, chopped|
|2||Eggs, lightly beaten|
- Combine stock cube and boiling water. Place couscous in a heatproof bowl and pour over boiling stock. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Stir with a fork to separate grains. Add remaining ingredients, except oil and mix well.
- Using a 1/4 cup measure form couscous mixture into 12 round cakes. Place on a baking tray and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a non-stick frypan and cook cakes on both sides until golden.
- Serve with natural yoghurt combined with chopped coriander.