Greek lamb and potatoes
( SERVES 4 )
Simple, budget-friendly fare with Mediterranean flavours.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Mix the olive oil, lemon zest, juice, garlic oregano, salt, pepper and lamb chops in non-reactive dish, ensuring the lamb is well-coated. Leave to marinate for at least half an hour (a couple of hours if you have time).
- Heat oven to 220degC.
- Cut potatoes into 3cm chunks, place in a saucepan, cover with cold water and salt, bring to the boil and boil for 5 minutes or until just starting to feel a little soft. Drain in a colander, shake them around to rough them up a little and let them dry out.
- Place the potatoes in a roasting dish and drizzle with some olive oil, a grind of pepper and a scattering of oregano leaves. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes (they should be crispy but still able to cope with another 10-20 minutes cooking), push them to one side of the roasting dish and place it back in the oven to ensure the dish remains very hot.
- Take the lamb out of the marinade and place the chops into the hot roasting dish, place straight back in the oven and cook for 5-10 minutes (depending on the size of the chops and how rare you like them). Turn and cook the other side for 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with a Greek salad or some greens