Winter Spring Rolls with Chilli and Maple Syrup
( SERVES 12 )
Subtle yet delightful, add the flavours of Vietnam to your menu.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
Rice Papper Rolls
|2||Pears, skin on, julienned, mixed with lemon juice|
|200 g||Pumpkin, peeled, finely sliced|
|¼||Fennel bulb, peeled, finely sliced|
|1||Telegraph cucumber, small, deseeded and cut into ribbons|
|¼ cup||Walnuts, roasted|
|1 tsp||Fish sauce, thai|
|12||Rice paper, (22cm) rolls|
- Chili sauce: In a small saucepan, place the maple syrup, whole juiced lime and chilli.
- Heat over a low heat until the maple syrup has dissolved. Cool.
- Rolls: Place all the ingredients into a large bowl and stir in the honey and Thai fish sauce.
- Have a large bowl of hot water on the bench top, drop in 1 rice paper round.
- Lift out and place onto a damp tea towel. Place some mixture in the middle and fold over both sides, and then roll up into a cigar shape.
- Place slightly apart on a tray lined with plastic wrap, cover with plastic wrap and continue making rolls.
- If not serving straight away, cover and refrigerate. Serve with chilli maple syrup.