Burnt Butter Brownies with Cream Cheese Icing
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|150 g||Brown sugar|
|50 g||Dark chocolate, roughly chopped|
|2 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|50 g||White chocolate, roughly chopped|
Cream Cheese Icing
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC and line a 20cm x 30cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter over a high heat, letting it bubble and froth until thoroughly browned.
- Remove from the heat, add the sugar and dark chocolate and stir until melted.
- Let it cool slightly. Beat in the eggs, then the vanilla and flour. Fold in the white chocolate.
- Scoop this mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 30 minutes.
- Leave the brownie in the oven until the top is firm to the touch but there is still some inner squidge.
- Cool in the tin for 30 minutes before cutting into squares.
- To make the icing: Whisk the cream cheese and icing sugar, then slowly add the lemon juice, continuing to stir until it reaches a drizzle-able texture.
- Spoon over the brownies in a zigzag fashion.