Spicy Rhubarb Cake
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 cups||Rhubarb, chopped|
|175 g||Butter, melted|
|1½ cups||Plain flour|
|1 tsp||Baking soda|
|½ tsp||Nutmeg, grated|
|½ tsp||Mixed spice|
|¾ cup||Walnuts, chopped|
|1 to serve||Icing sugar|
- Preheat the oven to 180 degC.
- Line a 20cm ring tin with baking paper.
- Put the rhubarb and sugar in a large bowl, then stir well.
- Add the butter and egg and mix well.
- Fold in the sifted dry ingredients, raisins and walnuts.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the top springs back when lightly touched and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the tin and cool on a wire rack.
- This cake freezes well, but it can also be frozen in individual portions for reheating in the microwave.