Gluten-Free Kumara Fruit Cake
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Golden kumara, cooked|
|⅓ cup||Orange juice|
|¾ cup||Brown sugar, lightly packed|
|2||Large eggs, lightly beaten|
|1¼ cups||Gluten free flour mix|
|1 tsp||Ground cinnamon|
|400 g||Saltanas, or mixed dried fruit|
|1 tsp||Vanilla essence/extract|
|¼ tsp||Almond essence|
- Set oven to 180 degC. Grease and line a deep 20-23cm cake pan.
- Mash kumara and orange juice together.
- Cream butter and sugar, until light. Gradually beat in eggs. Add kumara mixture.
- Sift in baking mix and cinnamon then add dried fruit and essences.
- Mix well. Spoon into tin and smooth top with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until a skewer inserted in centre comes out clean.
- Cool in pan. Keep for a day before cutting.
- Can be iced with butter icing.