Vegetable rice paper rolls with sesame, mirin and ginger
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|50 ml||Soy sauce|
|50 ml||Water, cold|
|1 tsp||Fish sauce|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice, or lime juice|
|1 tbsp||Palm sugar, grated|
|1||Red chilli, sliced, seeds removed if preferred|
|32 leaves||Fresh mint|
|16 sprigs||Fresh coriander|
|3 tbsp||Sesame seeds, toasted|
- In a small saucepan, heat the first seven ingredients, stirring until the sugar has dissolved, let cool.
- Slice the courgettes finely then pour the sauce over. Marinate for 5 minutes, remove the courgettes and pour the sauce into dipping bowl.
- Halve the capsicums, remove the core and seeds then slice finely. Halve the avocados, remove the stones and skin, then slice finely. Peel the carrots and slice into sticks.
- Half-fill a large bowl with warm water. Soak the rice papers two at a time until soft and pliable - approximately 60 seconds. Lay them on a dry work surface.
- Lay some of each vegetable on to each paper, add the herbs then fold one end over to hold the filling. Roll up tightly.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with the dipping sauce.