Crispy Fried Brussels Sprouts with Lentils and Mint
Photo by Thinkstock
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 kg||Brussels sprouts, cut in half|
|1 bunch||Italian parsley|
|1 to taste||Salt, Murray River Salt (or other good flaked salt)|
|2 tbsp||Mustard, hot English|
|200 ml||Extra virgin olive oil|
|1 to taste||Salt and freshly ground black pepper|
- Heat deep-fryer to 180 degC.
- Cook lentils in simmering water until tender.
- For dressing, whisk together ingredients.
- Cook brussels sprouts in batches until golden and crispy (stand back!).
- Season with salt, add dressing, mint, parsley and lentils. Shake it up and suck it down!