Smoky pork tacos with chilli pineapple salsa
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tsp||Smoked paprika|
|½ tsp||Celery salt|
|¼||Navel orange, juiced|
|600 g||Pork steaks/fillets, scotch fillets|
|½||Pineapple, skin & core removed|
|2||Green chillies, long, finely chopped|
|2 tbsp||Coriander, chopped|
|8||Flour Tortillas, small, wholemeal|
|¼ cup||Sour cream, optional, in a serving bowl|
|1 cup||Cabbage, thinly shredded, in a serving bowl|
|1 to taste||Hot sauce|
- Mix garlic, paprika, salt and orange juice into a paste and rub all over the pork. Set aside on a plate while preparing salsa.
- Cut pineapple into thin slices, then chop into small dice. Scoop pineapple and any juices into a serving bowl. Stir in chillies, coriander, salt and lime juice.
- Heat a barbecue or ridged grill pan to medium-high heat. Cook the pork for about 3 minutes each side or until medium. Remove to a clean plate and rest pork for 5 minutes before slicing quite thinly. Arrange on a serving plate.
- Just before serving, heat a heavy cast iron or non-stick pan to medium heat. Heat each tortilla for about 30 seconds on each side, and transfer immediately to a diner's plate, then continue with the remaining tortillas.
- Put all the filling components in bowls on the table, then let each person construct and eat their own as soon as their tortilla is warmed. To make tacos, spread a thin layer of sour cream on half of each tortilla. Add some cabbage, then sliced pork and salsa. Fold tortilla in half. Offer hot sauce on the side.
- Heat the second batch of tortillas once the first is all gone.