( SERVES 4 )
A rustic stew, you can use braising beef or lamb shoulder.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|500 g||Beef, diced, or lamb|
|2||Onions, medium, finely chopped|
|2 tsp||Paprika, powder|
|2 tbsp||Tomato puree, or 3|
|50 g||Butter, or oil|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Dust diced beef or lamb with seasoned flour and shake off the excess.
- Melt the butter or oil in a heavy based pan.
- Cook the beef in batches and set aside.
- Add the onions and cook until soft.
- Add the paprika and tomato puree and stir together.
- Add the meat back into the mix.
- Cover with water to a level where the meat is well-submerged.
- Add salt to taste and simmer for an around 1.5 hours till the meat is tender.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or plain boiled rice.