Ijzerkoekjes (Iron-plate biscuits)
The iron baking plate pattern gives the biscuit its distinctive look. You could cook these in a cast-iron pan or a hot plate.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Mix all ingredients together by hand to form a solid dough.
- Store the dough in fridge for 20 minutes.
- Roll out until 6mm-thick and cut into oval shapes. (Use an oval cookie cutter around 8cm long, 5cm across).
- Heat your baking plate. This is a bit like making pikelets, you will know when you get the right temperature by testing a little of the dough.
- Cook few minutes on both sides until golden brown, but make sure you don't burn them.
- Let them cool off and enjoy with your coffee at morning tea.