Lightly curried coconut & seafood chowder
( SERVES 4 )
This fragrant, gutsy mix is sure to please. You can buy frozen mixed seafood bags at the supermarket, or choose your favourite fresh.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|½||Leek, finely sliced|
|2||Celery stalks, finely diced|
|1 tsp||Crushed garlic|
|1 tsp||Crushed ginger|
|1 tsp||Curry powder|
|1 Ltr||Fish stock, hot|
|500 g||Seafood marinara mix, or similar, shrimps, fish, mini mussels, crab meat, squid etc)|
|400 ml||Coconut cream, (1 can)|
|1 garnish||Toasted coconut, flaked|
|1 garnish||Coriander, chopped|
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan until melted, then add the leek, carrot, celery, garlic, ginger and curry powder.
- Cook over a low heat for about 5 minutes until fragrant and soft.
- Sprinkle over the flour and stir in.
- Gradually add the hot fish stock, stirring until smooth, and simmer for 4-5 minutes until the carrot is tender.
- Add seafood and simmer for a further 3-4 minutes until just cooked.
- Stir in the coconut cream and return to a simmer.
- Season to taste and spoon into serving bowls.
- Top with the toasted coconut and coriander.