My mother copied this recipe out for me from an old family cookbook, and says these made regular appearances at morning and afternoon teas during her childhood.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|1||Milk, a little|
- Sift the flour, baking powder, sugar and nutmeg together.
- Rub in the butter until fine.
- Beat the eggs and add to the mixture.
- Add a little milk if you need to make a firm dough, and then mix in the sultanas.
- Tip the dough out onto a floured board and divide into four parts.
- Pat like a scone mixture until 5cm-thick, then cut into large squares.
- Cook in a 180 degC oven for about 20 minutes or until golden.