Shepherd's pie with beetroot and carrot
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|400 g||Agria potatoes, peeled, cut in chunks|
|¼||Onion, chopped finely for mash|
|450 g||Lamb mince|
|150 g||Beetroots, raw, grated|
|420 g||Canned tomatoes|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Boil potatoes in a pot of salted water until soft.
- Mash with butter and milk until smooth. Fold through the first quantity of onion.
- Heat the oil in a pot, add the onion and garlic and cook for 3 or 4 minutes until soft.
- Add the lamb and brown. Use a fork to ensure you don't get clumps.
- Add the beetroot, carrot, cumin, coriander, and paprika.
- Stir until fragrant, and the vegetables are starting to soften.
- Add the tomatoes. Simmer for 5 or 6 minutes.
- Place the lamb mixture into an ovenproof baking dish and top with the potato.
- Sprinkle with cheese and parsley. Place in the oven for 30 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with hot vegetables.