Pork sliders and apple coleslaw
( SERVES 30 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|700 g||Pork belly|
|1 cup||Apple juice|
|2 cups||Red cabbage, finely sliced|
|1||Apple, cored, quartered and thinly sliced|
|1||Celery stalk, finely sliced|
|1 tsp||Parsley, chopped|
|¼ cup||Olive oil, plus 2 tbsp to dress the meat|
|2 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar|
|1 tsp||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Caraway seed|
|½ tsp||Celery salt|
|30||Burger buns, (sliders)|
- Preheat the oven to 190 degC. Score the fat on the pork belly.
- Place skin side up in a roasting tray lined with baking paper.
- Rub with salt and pour the combined apple juice and water around the meat, so the liquid comes ¾ of the way up the side of the pork belly.
- Roast for 30 minutes, then reduce the heat to 160 degC and roast for a further hour until the pork is tender and skin golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- To make the coleslaw, combine red cabbage, apple, celery and parsley.
- Combine the oil, vinegar, sugar and caraway seeds and dress the slaw.
- Remove the crackling skin from the pork and break into shards. Slice the meat very thinly and toss with the oil and celery salt.
- To serve, warm the slider buns and fill with sliced pork and coleslaw.