Little strawberry & almond pastry cakes
( SERVES 24 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 sheets||Flaky puff pastry|
|½ cup||Strawberry jam|
|100 g||Butter, melted|
|½ tsp||Vanilla paste|
|4||Eggs, whites only|
|¾ cup||Icing sugar, sifted|
|70 g||Ground almonds|
|¼ cup||Almond flakes|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC.
- Cut pastry into 7cm circles using a cutter or glass, and press into the base of 2 patty pans or muffin tins.
- Place ½ teaspoon jam into each pastry-lined hole.
- Chill the trays until ready to bake. Combine the melted butter and vanilla paste.
- Lightly whisk egg whites with a fork until just broken up and bubbly.
- Add flour, icing sugar and ground almonds to the whites, then mix all together with the butter mixture.
- Spoon about a tablespoon of mixture over the jam and pastry and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes until puffed and golden.