Lemon drizzle loaf
Keep one loaf for the family and save one for a neighbour or as a thank-you gift.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|2 tbsp||Lemons, zest|
|280 g||Butter, softened|
|360 g||Plain flour|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|2 cups||Icing sugar|
|1||Egg, small, white only|
|2 tbsp||Lemon juice|
- Preheat oven to 175 degC. Line 2 loaf tins with baking paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream, lemon juice and zest and let it stand for 10 minutes.
- Using an electric beater, cream the butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes until fluffy and pale, then add eggs one at a time, beating well.
- Stir in sifted flour, baking powder and the lemon cream mixture.
- Spoon into prepared loaf tins and bake 25-30 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean. Cool completely before icing.
- For drizzle icing: Lightly whisk egg white until foamy.
- Mix in icing sugar and enough lemon juice for a thick pourable icing.