Nana’s retro recipe - apple cider vinegar
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Boil enough water to fill a plastic bucket. Allow to cool.
- Wash, chop and roughly process the apples – skin, cores and all – in your food processor.
- Add the cooled water and apples to the bucket.
- Cover with a tea towel or loose lid and stir daily for a week.
- At the end of the week, strain and add the sugar to the liquid. Stir to dissolve.
- Pour into a clean bucket and leave in a cool cupboard for two months.
- When the “mother” (a sort of translucent leather skin) forms on top of the liquid, your cider vinegar is ready to strain and bottle.