Noeline's Butter Pumpkin Soup
( SERVES 8 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1||Pumpkin, medium size, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|1 Ltr||Chicken stock, or vegetabe|
|250 g||Butter, roughly chopped|
|250 g||Bacon, chopped|
|8 tbsp||Plain flour|
|2 tsp||Curry powder|
|1 handful||Fresh herbs, chopped|
- Put the pumpkin in a pan with the stock. Cover and bring to the boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the pumpkin is soft.
- Mash the pumpkin into the stock, and don't drain any stock away. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan.
- Add the onion and bacon and fry over a low heat, stirring regularly, for 15 minutes until onions are soft.
- Add the flour and curry powder, mix well and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring, to make a loose paste.
- Spoon into the mashed pumpkin mixture, season with salt and freshly ground black pepper then mix together well.
- Thin down with 1-2 cups of water to reach the desired consistency. Serve sprinkled with chopped herbs