( SERVES 8 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|6||Mandarins, 3 peeled, 3 with the skin on|
|175 g||White sugar|
|175 g||Plain flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|½ cup||Icing sugar|
- Preheat the oven to 175 degC.
- Grease and line the base of a 23cm cake tin.
- Roughly chop the mandarins and place in a food processor.
- Blitz until you have a pulp; set aside 2 tablespoons for the icing.
- Beat the butter and sugar until pale.
- Add the eggs one at a time, then stir in the flour, baking powder and mandarin pulp.
- Pour into the tin and smooth the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the cake comes out clean. Cool and remove from the tin.
- To make the icing, mix the icing sugar with the reserved mandarin pulp and enough hot water to create a runny consistency.
- Place the cake on a serving plate and drizzle with the icing.