Chilli bean noodles with pork and peanuts
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Jo Elwin/Tamara West
For those nights when you feel like takeaways, this is just as quick and twice as good.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|400 g||Pork mince, we used Freedom Farms|
|4 cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|1 piece||Ginger, 8cm, finely chopped|
|3 tbsp||Soy sauce|
|1 tbsp||Peanut oil, or vegetable oil|
|4 tbsp||Chilli bean paste|
|¼ cup||Bamboo shoots, sliced, drained|
|4 cups||Spinach leaves, rinsed|
|800 g||Noodles, fresh Chinese|
|¼ cup||Peanuts, chopped, roasted at 170degC for 8 minutes|
|1||Red chilli, sliced|
- Mix pork, garlic, ginger and 1 Tbsp of the soy sauce together in a bowl.
- Heat wok to high. Add oil and swirl to coat the wok surface. Add mince in several batches and cook for a few minutes, chopping to separate clumps and turning occasionally, until all mince is coloured.
- Add chilli bean sauce to wok and stir fry for 30 seconds, then add bamboo shoots and cook a further 30 seconds. Next add spinach and remaining 2 Tbsp soy sauce.
- Add noodles to wok, then add peanuts. Cook for 1 minute, turning mixture gently.
- Serve in heated bowls, and scatter chilli on top.
Bags of fresh noodles can be found in the fridge at Chinese grocers. If using dried egg noodles, precook to al dente and rinse well under cold water before adding to wok.