Thick Pea, Ham and Vegetable Soup
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
- Melt the butter in a large pot.
- Add the onions, garlic, carrot and celery. Sweat for 8-10 minutes until soft but not brown.
- Add the stock, ham, split peas, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 1 hours or until the meat is falling off the bone and the peas are soft.
- Remove the hock and pull the meat from the bone, dice and return to the soup.
- Just before serving add freshly chopped parsley. Top each bowl with chunky croutons.