Warm cauliflower salad
In winter, salad never seems a smart idea for lunch, but this warm cauliflower salad is perfect when served with heated flatbread or wholemeal toast.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1||Cauliflower, cut into florets|
|2 cups||Baby spinach, leaves|
|2||Preserved lemons, cheeks|
|150 g||Feta cheese, soft|
|100 g||Roasted hazelnuts|
|½ cup||Mint leaves, finely sliced|
|1||Lemon, grated zest and juice|
|4 tbsp||Lemon-infused olive oil|
|1 to taste||Flaky sea salt|
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil.
- Add the cauliflower florets and simmer for about 5-6 minutes or until tender but still with a little bite.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, wash the spinach, then set aside.
- Discard the soft centres of the preserved lemon and cut the skin into fine dice.
- Break the feta into bite-sized nuggets and roughly chop the hazelnuts.
- Make the dressing by combining all the ingredients. Taste and adjust the seasoning if necessary.
- Drain the cauliflower and while still warm combine in a serving dish with the other ingredients.
- Pour the dressing over and serve immediately.