Duck breast and beetroot salad
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 bunch||Rocket leaves, any crunchy greens|
|1 splash||Red wine vinegar, or fruit vinegar|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Gently cook the lentils with a bay leaf in the water until they are soft. Drain and cool.
- Roast small beetroot (leave the skins on) in a medium oven until tender.
- When the beetroot have cooled, slip off the skins and chop the beetroot into small dice.
- Sear the duck breasts in a very hot pan until both sides are cooked through. Rest in a warm oven for 15 minutes.
- Wash and drain some crunchy greens (I used rocket leaves and cos, but iceberg would do or use some of the baby beetroot leaves).
- To serve, make a bed of the lentils, leaves and diced beets. Slice the duck breasts into thin slivers and arrange across this base.
- Dress with some good olive oil and a splash of red wine or red fruit vinegar. Season well with salt and pepper.