Italian Apple Cake
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|4 tbsp||Butter, melted|
|1||Lemon, zest only|
|2 tsp||Baking powder|
|6||Apples, cored, peeled and thinly sliced|
|3 tbsp||Sugar, to sprinkle on top|
- Preheat the oven to 190 degC. Grease a 20cm ring tin. Set aside.
- Place the eggs and sugar in a large electric mixer bowl and beat until thick and creamy.
- Add the melted butter, flour, lemon zest, baking powder and salt, then mix to combine.
- Fold in the raisins and three-quarters of the apple slices.
- Pour the mixture into the tin, then layer with the remaining apple slices and sprinkle with extra sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour.