Lemon and cardamom steamed custard with palm sugar and coconut
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 tbsp||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Ground cardamom|
|1||Lemon, (1 tsp finely grated zest)|
|2 tbsp||Palm sugar|
|1 tbsp||Shredded coconut|
- Half fill a saucepan with water and bring to a simmer. Whisk the eggs with the sugar, cardamom and lemon.
- Add the cream and milk, gently stirring to combine, then pour through a fine sieve into a jug.
- Fill small dishes or bowls with the mixture and firmly cover with tinfoil.
- Place a bamboo steamer on top of the saucepan, add as many of the dishes as will fit, cover and steam for 15 minutes.
- Melt the palm sugar with water in a small saucepan and simmer until it becomes slightly syrupy.
- Before serving, pour over the syrup and add a sprinkling of coconut.