Smoked Chorizo, Squid and Lentil Salad with Lemon and Parsley
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|220 g||Green lentils, french|
|1 handful||Flat leaf parsley|
|3 tbsp||Olive oil, plus a little extra olive for cooking the squid|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|2||Squid tubes, cleaned|
|200 g||Chorizo sausages, smoked|
- Rinse the lentils, then place in a saucepan and cover with salted water.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 20 minutes until tender. Drain and place in a bowl.
- Roughly chop the parsley leaves and toss through the lentils with the oil and lemon juice, then season with a good pinch of salt and some black pepper.
- Set aside while you cook the squid.
- Cut the squid tubes into 1cm-thick rings and toss in just enough oil to coat them.
- Heat a frying pan, add the squid and cook for a few seconds, turning them over to colour lightly.
- Tip the squid rings into the lentils and return the pan to the heat.
- Thickly slice the chorizo and fry in the pan for 2-3 minutes until fragrant, crispy-edged and richly coloured.
- Toss the chorizo through the salad, divide between 4 plates and serve.