Creamy Tomato & Feta Soup
( SERVES 8 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|500 g||Pasta, wholemeal|
|2 tbsp||Tomato paste|
|3||Tomatoes, large, chopped (or 2x 400g cans of tomatoes)|
|125 g||Feta cheese, cubed|
|2 tbsp||Crushed garlic|
|2||Onions, medium, diced|
|1 tbsp||Fresh oregano, crushed|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- In a medium pot, cook the onions and garlic together slowly in a little olive oil until the onions become translucent.
- Add the carrots and a little more oil, stirring gently for another three minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, leaving them to simmer for ten minutes on a low heat.
- Add pasta and water, bring back to medium temperature. When pasta is al dente, add feta and oregano.
- Blend before serving, adding salt and pepper to taste.