Kokako’s polenta porridge
Photo by Sophie Barclay
This recipe is dairy and gluten-free as well as absolutely delicious. For the porridge you can use all sorts of different milks to meet your needs; soy, rice, almond and dairy milk.
Banana and compote
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2||Bananas, organic, bananas- peeled and chunky slice|
|2||Kiwi fruit, peeled and roughly chopped|
|3 stalks||Rhubarb, peeled and chopped|
|½||Vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped out|
- Heat in a pot the milk, honey, salt and soy.
- Bring to a low simmer and then gradually add the polenta in a slow stream whilst stirring with a wooden spoon until the polenta has absorbed the milk and thickened slightly.
- Keep stirring for a further 5 minutes.
- Just before completing the porridge, sprinkle sugar on the banana and grill in a hot pan until the sugar melts and the caramel forms.
- Remove from pan and serve with the porridge and compote.