Kokako’s polenta porridge
Photo by Sophie Barclay
his recipe is dairy and gluten Free as well as absolutely delicious. For the porridge you can use all sorts of different milks to meet your needs; soy, rice, almond and dairy milk.
Banana and compote
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2||Bananas, organic, bananas- peeled and chunky slice|
|2||Kiwi fruit, peeled and roughly chopped|
|3 stalks||Rhubarb, peeled and chopped|
|½||Vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped out|
- Heat in a pot the milk, honey, salt and soy.
- Bring to a low simmer and then gradually add the polenta in a slow stream whilst stirring with a wooden spoon until the polenta has absorbed the milk and thickened slightly.
- Keep stirring for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve up: Just before completing the porridge, sprinkle sugar on the banana and grill in a hot pan until the sugar melts and the caramel forms.
- Remove from pan and serve with the porridge and compote.