( SERVES 10 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|300 g||Beef mince, lamb, pork or chicken|
|2 tbsp||Butter, cut into little dices (this helps keep the meat moist)|
|2 tbsp||Fresh herbs, of your choice, finely chopped|
|1 dash||Tomato sauce, or sweet chilli sauce|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Mix all the ingredients together, by hand is best. Form the mixture into little meatballs and refrigerate for half an hour to firm up.
- Heat some oil in a heavy based pan and, after rolling the balls in a little flour, cook off to colour a little.
- Transfer to an oven dish and continue cooking in a medium oven until done. This will take around 15 minutes.
- Test by piercing the meatball, it needs to be cooked right to the middle if you are using chicken.
- Buy slider, mini ciabatta or mini burger buns from the supermarket.
- Slice and spread with mayo.
- Fill with rocket leaves, a slice of tomato and the meatball. Chutney or relish could also be added.