Buttermilk hotcakes with fried bananas and mascarpone
( SERVES 4 )
Photo by Babiche Martens
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1½ cups||Self raising flour|
|1 tsp||Baking powder|
|50 g||Butter, melted, extra for cooking|
|2||Bananas, cut lengthways|
|200 g||Mascarpone, to serve|
|1 to drizzle||Maple syrup|
- In a bowl place the flour, baking powder and sugar.
- In a smaller bowl mix the buttermilk, eggs and butter together. Add to the flour and whisk to a smooth batter.
- Heat a frying pan to a medium heat, add a small knob of butter and melt.
- Pour cup batter into the pan and cook until it bubbles, then flip and cook the other side. Repeat until all the mixture is used.
- Heat another knob of butter and fry the bananas until golden.
- Mix the cinnamon and sugar together and sprinkle over the cooked bananas.
- Serve two hotcakes topped with fried banana and mascarpone.
- Drizzle with maple syrup, and add blueberries if using.