Poached feijoas with riesling and pistachios
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|16||Feijoas, (to 20 depending on the size)|
|½||Lemon, (juice of half the lemon)|
|2 leaves||Bay leaves|
|½ cup||Pistachio nuts, (toasted)|
- 1 Peel the feijoas and put in a saucepan with the sugar, riesling, water and lemon.
- Split the vanilla bean and scrape the seeds into the saucepan, add the bean also with the bay leaves.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then remove the feijoas from the liquid to cool.
- Turn the heat up and boil for 5 minutes to reduce and thicken the syrup. Spoon syrup over fruit.
- To serve, scatter with the pistachios. Serve with cream.