Whole Stuffed Pumpkin with Wild Mushroom Risotto
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|2 tbsp||Olive oil|
|1||Red onion, chopped finely|
|2 cloves||Crushed garlic|
|1 cups||Arborio rice|
|½ cup||White wine|
|200 g||Mushrooms, quartered|
|4 cups||Chicken stock, warmed|
|50 g||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|¼ cup||Parsley, chopped|
|1||Butternut pumpkin, whole, top sliced off and seeds scraped out|
|1||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Set oven to 160 degC.
- In a saucepan heat the oil and soften the onion and garlic for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Add the rice and toast lightly for 2 minutes, then add the wine.
- Once the wine has been absorbed, you can add the mushrooms and stir well.
- Slowly start adding the stock one cup at a time, letting it cook away before adding the next.
- Continue until all the stock has gone. This will take 20-25 minutes. Then remove the risotto from the element.
- Stir in the butter, half the cheese and parsley. Season with salt and pepper.
- Fill the cavity of the pumpkin with the risotto. Sprinkle with the remainder of the cheese.
- Place the pumpkin in a lined oven dish, pour 1 cup water around the base to stop it from drying out, and top it up as needed.
- Cover with tinfoil and put in the oven for 1 hours, or until the pumpkin is soft but still holding its shape.
- Serve with a side salad.