Pumpkin and date cake
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 cup||Dates, roughly chopped|
|1||Orange, zest and juice|
|250 g||Butter, softened|
|½ cup||Brown sugar, light|
|1 cup||Pumpkin, mashed|
|2 cups||Self raising flour|
- Set oven to 175 degC. Line a 22cm tin with baking paper.
- Soak the dates, orange juice and zest in a little bowl for 15 minutes.
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the pumpkin, flour and milk and mix until all combined.
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Serve with yoghurt.