Cheese, Chutney & Ham Pinwheels
( SERVES 8 )
We recommend you use frozen puff-pastry sheets. They come in packets of five, so the leftover sheet can be made into little apple tarts for the kids.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|4 sheets||Puff pastry|
|1||Egg, large, beaten|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
|200 g||Ham, diced|
|1||Spring onion, chopped (use the whole spring onion)|
|1½ cups||Tasty cheese, grated|
- Place the pastry sheets on the bench. Brush lightly with beaten egg, reserving some.
- Season with salt and pepper. Smear the chutney lightly over each pastry sheet.
- Scatter the ham, spring onion and 1 cup of the grated cheese over the pastry sheets.
- Take care to leave 2mm free of topping on each side.
- Roll up each pastry sheet so you have what looks like a Swiss roll. Press to seal.
- Trim the edges then cut each sheet into thin pieces, approximately 4-5mm. Press flat and place on a baking paper-lined tray.
- Brush with the reserved egg and scatter the remaining ½ cup of cheese over the pinwheels.
- Preheat oven to 220 degC bake or 200 degC fan bake.
- Rest the pinwheels for 15 to 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Bake pinwheels for 10 to 15 minutes, or until golden.