Basil and parmesan chicken
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|4||Chicken breasts, skinless|
|1 cup||Breadcrumbs, fresh|
|⅓ cup||Parmesan cheese, grated|
|1 tbsp||Parsley, chopped|
|1 tsp||Worcestershire sauce|
|1 tsp||Wholegrain mustard|
|⅓ cup||Olive oil|
|2 tbsp||White wine vinegar|
|1 cup||Fresh basil, finely chopped|
|1 to taste||Salt & freshly ground pepper|
- Preheat oven to 180 degC. Combine in a bowl breadcrumbs, cheese and parsley. Fry the bacon until crispy and add.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan; add crushed garlic, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
- Dip each chicken breast in the butter mixture and place in a shallow baking dish.
- Press crumbs over each breast and bake for 25 minutes.
- To make the sauce: combine in saucepan the oil, vinegar, garlic, basil and cream. Stir until heated through then gently whisk in the yolk until the sauce thickens.
- Don't let it boil. Season and serve with the chicken.