Harvest baked chicken
( SERVES 6 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1||Chicken, organic, cut into large portions (or 4 legs divided into 8 portions)|
|½ cup||Black olives|
|½ cup||Olives, green|
|3 tbsp||Preserved lemons, flesh discarded and rind diced|
|2||Lemons, juicy, cut into wedges|
|½ cup||Rosemary, leaves stripped from the stalk|
|1 to taste||Sea salt|
|1 to taste||Freshly ground black pepper|
|4 tbsp||Extra virgin olive oil|
|2 tbsp||Balsamic vinegar, good quality|
|15||Cherry tomatoes, or 20|
|1 to taste||Parsley, chopped, to decorate|
- Pre-heat the oven to 200 degC.
- Place the chicken portions in a large roasting dish.
- Toss with the olives, preserved lemon, lemon wedges, rosemary leaves, salt and pepper, olive oil and balsamic vinegar until well mixed.
- Place in the oven and roast for 25 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for another 20 minutes.
- Check that the thighs are cooked well. Allow to stand for 10 minutes and transfer to a large serving platter.
- Serve immediately, or if transporting to a picnic, place in a covered dish and refrigerate until needed.
- Serve hot or at room temperature, sprinkled with parsley.