Cinnamon poached quinces with vanilla bean creamed rice
This recipe uses poached quinces - click here for poaching instructions.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|50 g||Unsalted butter|
|160 g||Risotto rice|
|100 g||Caster sugar|
|1 tsp||Vanilla paste|
|3||Quinces, poached (see recipe link above)|
- Heat oven to 180degC.
- Place butter into a small saucepan over a medium heat and add rice and caster sugar.
- Heat without allowing to brown for 2-3 minutes.
- Add vanilla paste, milk and cream. Bring to the boil and pour the creamed rice into a 20cm x 20cm roasting dish and cover well with foil, sealing all edges.
- Place dish into a larger roasting dish and pour 2 cups of boiling water into the larger dish to create a water bath.
- Place into oven and cook for 1 hour, stirring occasionally, until rice has absorbed two-thirds of the milk and creamand is cooked.
- Remove rice from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes. As rice cools it will absorb the remaining liquid and become quite thick.
- Warm the poached quinces, with a little of the quince syrup, in a small pot overamedium heat.
- Divide rice and quinces between 4 bowls and serve with a generous drizzle of quince syrup.