( SERVES 6 )
Quinces poach beautifully in a slow cooker. They will discolour as you peel them, but don't be concerned as they change colour when cooked.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|3 cups||Water, boiling|
|1||Lemon, zested and juiced or 2 limes|
- Heat the slow cooker for 20 minutes.
- Add boiling water and sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Add lemon or lime zest and juice, vanilla bean, cardamom pods and star anise.
- Peel quinces and cut into even-sized pieces. Remove the hard core and discard.
- Place quince slices in the slow cooker, cover with the lid and cook on high for 3 hours.
- The quince slices will take on a beautiful deep apricot/pale pink colour.