Chia coconut & apricot snack bars
fabulous quick & delicious snack for the lunch box or work draw to keep the sweet tooth satisfied without any refined sweeteners.
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|¼ cup||Chia seeds|
|2 cups||Dried apricots, or mango (finely chopped and soaked in water)|
|¼ cup||Dates, (try medjool or another moist date) finely chopped|
|5 tbsp||Coconut oil, melted|
|1 pinch||Sea salt|
|⅓ cup||Flax seeds, golden, ground|
|1¼ cups||Coconut, dried|
- Blend the almond is a food processor until close to fine flour (some textured pieces are good too, they add a nice crunch) – set aside.
- Strain the water off the apricots and place half the apricots in a blender with orange juice, coconut oil & salt – blend until smooth.
- Place the almond flour, ground flax and the remaining chopped apricots, 1 cup of the coconut and all dates in a large bowl.
- Pour in the blended apricot mixture and fold together until well combined, fold the cacao nibs in if using.
- The mixture should hold together well when squeezed by hand – if it is crumbly add more date or other dried fruit.
- Line a rectangle baking tin with baking paper, sprinkle with some of the remaining coconut.
- Press the mixture into the tin. Sprinkle with the remaining coconut and press firmly.
- Chill for several hours before cutting up into bars – alternatively you could shape them into logs and roll them in coconut before chilling them.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
Other delicious flavour ideas – fig and walnut, cacao and sour cherry, hazelnut with date & cacao.