Spring asparagus, chickpea and kumara
( SERVES 4 )
(You can click on ingredients to see more related recipes)
|1 bunch||Asparagus, blanched lightly|
|1 handful||Sliced almonds, lightly toasted|
|3||Tomatoes on the vine, diced into bite sized pieces|
|1||Telegraph cucumber, cut into bite sized pieces|
|½||Red onion, sliced into thin strips|
- Soak dried chickpeas overnight in water, cook in unsalted boiling water for 30 minutes or until tender to bite, allow to cool in cooking water
- Toss the kumera in the olive oil and bake for 15 min at 180 degC .
- Allow the kumara, chickpeas, asparagus and almond slices to cool.
- Prepare the tomatoes, cucumber and red onion and place in a large bowl.
- Once the remainder of ingredients are cool add them to the bowl.
- Add a generous drizzle of black olive dressing and toss through gently-season to taste with sea salt and cracked pepper.
- Black olive dressing: Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor, add a little oil to help combine the flavours and liquefy until you reach a salad dressing consistency.